Friday, December 21, 2012

Since Florida....

Really fast catch up on what we've done since we got back from Florida....

 It frosted on the 12th...

 We went to Louisville on the 14th and 15th to visit with Jeff's brother for his birthday.  I saw Iroquis Park which is a 739 acre park in Louisville.  Quite pretty I imagine, I just drove through.. :)


As per usual, I got excited to see squirrels.  I didn't chase them, I just sat and watched them for a while, they amuse me.




Other than that, we've done a bit of Christmas shopping, wrapped some Christmas presents, I dyed my hair blue again.  I used a different colour than usual (called Rockabilly Blue), and although it's an awesome colour, I don't think I'll ever use this colour again, my hands are blue every time I touch it.. Last night I washed my hair 3 times (which would normally strip ALL the colour out) and it's still really bright.
And yesterday, we came up to Cincinnatti for an early Christmas with Jeff's brothers.  Watching the 6 kids rip apart Christmas presents was awesome, made me miss the nieces and nephew back home.. :)... It rained the whole way up again, and after it stopped raining, a cold wind started, and on the way to our hotel last night, it started to snow.  We've already booked ourselves in for another night, we don't relish the thought of driving the little Miata (Mazda MX5) on the interstate in the snow with big trucks.  It's a frightening thing to look out the window of that thing as you pass a truck and all you can see is tyre.  It makes you realise that a truck could/would use you as a speed bump.

We're thinking that we're not heading out in the car this morning too far - it's still snowing, and this is the view out our window...


And the poor little Miata is covered in snow. I think we'll get Jeff's brother to come fetch us for the day.. :)

And that is the uber-exciting thing we've been doing in the last week or so.  And now you're up to date. 

I still have no idea what we're doing for the last 2 and a half weeks we'll be here... But there are discussions about going to Bell County (where Jeff was born), Florida again, possibly seeing Becka, Kevin and Lucien at Disneyland (eee!), possibly going through Savannah in Georgia.. Possible plane flights to Williamsburg... So I guess we'll see how it all unfolds!

Tomorrow (Saturday) is our anniversary, and we were thinking of taking a horse and carriage ride through Lexington for it, but given we'll still be in Cincinnatti tomorrow.  Maybe we'll do that Sunday..  I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that is blue! Smurf Girl? We saw news of the snow storm through mid USA & hoped you weren't driving in it. And yes, it is a scary thing to look out of the car window on a highway and see the wheel studs of a truck at eye-level. We experienced that on the M5 in London.

    We were fascinated by the squirrels. So funny! Dad used to play games with them while I took photos.

    We went to Samford yesterday for the funeral of Barbara Smith's father. (She used to work with Dad & we met up regularly.)A lovely drive over the mountain through Mt Mee! Wrapped pressies last night - finally! Now I have to write my Christmas letter. It is trying to rain. I hope it does son. So dry!

    Nice to have so many choices re where to go next!

    Love Mum & Dad

    ReplyDelete