Saturday, December 8, 2012

A trip to the Everglades!

Friday was our first day in Florida, and since the weather in Miami wasn't great, we headed to the everglades for a fanboat tour.

Our convertable mustang had it's top down, and we were cruising, only we had to stop and get the front right tyre fixed, since there was a screw in it.  But after 30mins, we were back on the road.

The fanboat ride was brilliant.  The everglades are incredible.  If you're ever in Florida, you should totally do this.  And go to Everglades Safari Park, cause they were awesome.

Lots of photos here, but the amazing thing?  I held an alligator.  Freaked me out, but I figured what the heck.  Was pretty happy to give it back though.
































































2 comments:

  1. Dear Cherie, You should be careful of those alligators. They have large snappy teeth and grow into nasty creatures with a bad attitude.

    I am home for a couple of days. I went to Brisbane on Saturday to watch Rachelle dance. Lots of Hip Hop. She is very good with nice technique. This morning, Kylie is meeting me here and I will take her and the girls to Elanda Point until Saturday.. Internet is very unreliable there and so no posts.

    I am watering gardens. It has been soooo hot! 40 C last Tuesday. Jeff would hate it. I did! I am allergic to those anti-biotoca I mentioned - awful vertigo. Less than 1%. Typical!!

    I loved the sunsets from the air and the Everglades are quite beautiuful - so still!

    Stay well. Love to Jeff. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad sends his love. The sailing is good but the lake is very low and he keeps hitting rocks with his rudders. More fibreglassing needed.

    Tanya arrived on Sunday morning. She and Gsil are going to Stradbroke Island for a wedding. They are taking the A van. Except there are fires on the island!Mum.
    PS A pair of Willy wagtails necking outside my window!!

    ReplyDelete