Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So now I've been to Paris!


We went for a drive to Paris today.

Not Paris France, but Paris in Bourbon County, Kentucky!

I wasn't there long, just long enough to poke my nose into an Antique store (although I would have said it was a 2nd hand store more than an antique store).  The lady in the store was very excited to tell me she loved my hair and was astounded that I got such an even colour considering I did it myself.  She also told me that back in the 50's she went to a ball in Lexington in a pink dress, and she got the hairdresser to spray her hair pink to match.  Weee! :)

So here's some fairly dodgy photos from Paris (taken riding in the car at speed)..



The main street of Paris - not very wide streets, and the buildings are turn of the century.. :)

the Paris Court House.  I'd almost say it's prettier than the Winchester Court House.                  


An early Tavern.  I was most excited by this, but didn't really get a good photograph of it..

The Paris Library - not really bigger than your average house. The building next store was also part of the library.

Older churches are also awesome.. :)




 Pretty country roads with horse farms and rock walls.. :)... And such a lovely day out!

This, is a horse barn.  Many horses have better accommodations than their owners.

HUUUUUUUGE Victorian house - but beautiful, I'd have one.


Another pretty Victorian House at speed.

And one more, very pretty, and such a lovely shade of blue.

Tomorrow we head over to Louisville for Thanksgiving with the family - the four of us, Jeff's two brothers, and their wives, 4 nieces, 2 nephews, a cousin, her partner and daughter...

And a partridge in a pear tree.. :D

Should be lovely!  Might actually go for a walk tomorrow morning before we leave down into downtown Winchester - get some photos and get a walk in before eating waaaay too much food.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Is this a happening thing?? It is a whole new ball game for me.

    I will have to go now. Your father is spraying mosquitoes!!

    Love Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says Where is all the snow? There should be a big snow!!

    Maybe Canada will be cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad... Because of you, it rained this morning and it was COLD. Luckily, it fined up at lunch and was warm all afternoon.

      Delete