Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fort Boonesborough and 18thC Market

We went to Fort Boonesborough yesterday.  It's not the original fort, it's a rebuild on what they think is the same site as the original fort, and it's designed to be a tourist location. Having said that, it was still lots of fun, and it was even better with the reenactors and markets happening inside most of the little huts.  The reenactors obviously all are inside by their cozy fires.

No pictures of my booty from these markets, some of the booty may or may not be gifts.. :D  We didn't spend a really long time there, mostly because I have a cold (thanks to Jeff's bout of "sinuses"), but I got to have a good look around at last.  I've been to the USA 5 times now, and this is the first time I've managed to get inside the fort!  Was glad to go when the reenactors were there..

























4 comments:

  1. now I want to break into a song from my childhod .. the theme of Daniel Boone TV show. Glad you finally got to see inside :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It makes me want to make a linen cap, all the ladies were wearing them!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the updates. It inspires me to keep sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really tired tonight. We have been gardening and I have washed.

    We went to see Norman & Debbie yesterday. I fell asleep in the chair again!! Melissa was sewing a pretty tartan silk and Jason chatted with us for a while. Norman is preparing for a shed building.

    Richard and Ryan were the only ones home at Reisling Street. Ryan had his new puppy - very cute. Rusty won't have anything to do with it. Richard said that Rose was doing well although she is missing company.

    The fort looks interesting. Jeff took us to see it too and I think there were some crafty people there. I must say that Jeff really did look after us very well. Locaal knowledge helps!

    ReplyDelete