Sunday, February 17, 2013

Kooroomba - Vineyard and Lavender Farm - A Valentines Day Trip

For Valentines Day, my hubby found somewhere so very ME to go.  A Vineyard and Lavender Farm called Kooroomba. It's apparently only been around for a couple of years, so it's not at all big.  The Lavender isn't in season, and it was battered by the wild weather we had on the Australia Day weekend, but it was still very pretty.

We wondered around the lavender, me running my hands through it to bring the subtle scent.  They were only just opening the place, so we didn't hurry.  We went into the Lavender Shop, and I bought some Lavender Tea (YUM!), a tiny bottle of Lavender Honey, and some lavender shower soap.  We then wondered over to taste a couple of wines.

I tried a Verdhello blended with a Portugese grape, whose name escapes me.  I really like Verdhello, I've been working through a half dozen that we got from Tyrell's, so I figured I would like this one.  Which I did.  I also tried another semi-sweet.  It was a little TOO sweet for me.  But I ended up getting a carton of the Verdhello blend.

We then sat down and had morning tea, where I tried the lavender tea that I already bought.  Delicious!

I think I might plan a trip in Victorian up there for me and my girls in Lavender season (May through to September), the food is well priced and yummy, the grounds are lovely, and the staff are very obliging.  I figure you can do Christmas in July, so why can't I do a Birthday in July? :D

We went from there through Boonah, then to Beaudesert and then on to lunch and home.  But, here's some pics from today anyway (there aren't many though).
















No comments:

Post a Comment